So we’ve had this sad looking, heavy-as-sin, oak dresser for a while now with big plans to make it suck less (pic at our old apartment).
Nicole picked it up a few years ago from a family for whom she was nannying. We’d just moved back to the states and were in need of a dresser, so we went for it, told ourselves we’d make it pretty, and then used it as is for about three years. It might be hard to appreciate just how ugly it was. The finish was peeling in spots, lots of water damage, sun damage, etc.
Having just gotten through a few major house projects (concrete countertops and open shelving), it was time for a smaller, more fun project. Time to take this sorry, jaundice afflicted dresser to super hip town.
Begin the sanding.
In a nutshell, I took the dresser apart, sanded, applied Briwax (dark brown) to the frame, and sprayed white lacquer on the drawers.
And here’s the finished product. It’s pretty dope. Sorry there aren’t really any process photos. I only have so many hands.
If needed, I can post a more in-depth guide on this sort of thing. But someone would first have to read this.